Translate

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Really husbands?

I am amazed at how people think. I was reading a story about a married man who was videotaped kissing another man’s wife. The husband, whose wife was on the tape, is upset that the man did not apologize to him for having an affair with his wife! Are you kidding me? I am confused. It is your wife that stood before God and man and vowed to be faithful to you. The other man "does not have a dog in that fight." The other man could care less about you or your feelings. If he had, he would not have been sleeping with your wife. You should be upset with your wife for failing to keep her vows to you. It's her fault when it comes to her husband, just as the cheating husband should be answering to his wife. 
I get so worked up when I hear ladies who act out/cuss out or want to fight the other woman for "messing with" their husbands. Please do not get it twisted. No one can do anything that is not allowed. Stop blaming the other woman and blame your husband. Even if she pursued him, it is ultimately his fault. After all, he has vowed to be faithful to you. The other woman did not stand with you at the altar. Nor does she care anything about you/your home/your family or your feelings.
If we, as women, start putting the blame on our spouse and stop blaming the other woman, we would do much better in the long run. In holding our spouse accountable, maybe some of the nonsense of cheating would be alleviated. 
I read an article a couple of weeks ago that explained that a man cheats to keep the woman he loves from leaving him. I was "feeling some type of way" until I kept reading. The article, written by a man, continued that once the main woman finds out that the love of their life has cheated, she feels as though she needs to stay to "show" her man that she is better than, more attractive than or a better lover/person/mother than the woman he cheated with. As twisted as that may sound, I have actually seen that happen. So I know he is telling the truth. 
A couple of guys tried that on me, many years ago. In both cases, we were only dating. But for me, in any committed relationship, that is a deal breaker. Today, both are saddened to see me happy with my husband, whom I love dearly. They may have had the same type of love and devotion from me, if they hadn't thought I was like other women they had dealt with. In both cases, the guys actually thought I was going to "fight" for them. Oh well, guess that didn't work out well for them.

If you want the foolishness to stop, start making your mate accountable. Accountability will make others do one of two things, either straighten up and act right or leave. And, with either decision they make, we will always be better off.
OK, I am getting off my soap box now and going back to my regular scheduled programming!


Brenda McMillian
Entrepreneur, real estate agent, Vacation Doctor (travel agent), mother, wife, sister and friend. 
Connect with me on facebook, twitter and/or linked in

No comments:

Post a Comment