Translate

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Florida Vacation Day 5

Today I was able to spend the day with my brother Hampton. Just the two of us. It was so nice. Since we do not get to see each other often. And then I found out via Facebook that today is National Sibling Day! So, that made the day all the more special.
He even came all the way to Orlando to pick me up. Then we went to the Tampa Bay Jazz Festival. There were food vendors, clothing vendors and more.  Since I enjoy food, I was eager to get some of the food there. I had a gyro that was really, really good.




Then I met Ramon at his booth. His family-owned and operated restaurant, Pipo's, serves the Bay area with traditional Cuban recipes (has been since 1979). If you are in the area and want to visit their cafe, they are located at 9531 Bay Pines Blvd. St. Petersburg FL 33708. Of course you can call your order in at 727-394-7476. They have dine in, take out, delivery and catering. You can even place your order online at http://www.Pipos1979.com 
They have a Cuban sandwich that will make you rethink your last 8 decisions! It has pork, ham, mortadella (Italian sausage), salami, pickle and Swiss cheese. Can you say WOW? I also tasted a Papas Rellenas (fried stuffed potato). The food was delish!! So if you are in the area and want some authentic Cuban food, go by Pipo's and tell Ramon the travel agent sent you!


No comments:

Post a Comment