Translate

Saturday, September 12, 2026

The Water Was Slow

I was in the bathroom at a hotel recently and found inspiration. I remember this particular sink when I was in there earlier that day. Someone commented (not to me particularly) that the water was slow at that sink. The person probably changed sinks and rushed off to do whatever was on their agenda. So, when I was in the bathroom the next time, I got my hands good ans soapy and stuck them under the faucet. I immediately saw that the water was flowing very slowly. Instead of changing sinks, I decided to stay put and enjoy the process. I am so glad, even though I was taking a quick break from a meeting, I stayed and took the time to finish my handwashing task at that sink. It made me think about people. Especially me. I had a slowdown, a few months back, when my husband died. My slow almost came to a stop. And the comforting part was, my wonderful clients were so OK with me being slower. They encouraged it and prayed for me and gave me comfort and love. That understanding and willingness be stick with me thru my slowness, spoke volumes to the kind of clients I had.
So, when you get the lower water pressure in life, don't be so quickly to change sinks! Slow down, focus on the one task, breathe and enjoy.  You will find that your understanding and compassion will grow and you will be happier once the task is finally completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment