Translate

Friday, June 23, 2017

Day one Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Port St Lucie, Florida

My first day at Club Med Sandpiper Bay Resort in Port St Lucie, Florida was a great one. Meeting planner Angela Caraway and I arrived for the FAM (familiarization trip) about three hours before check-in. But, the kind person (Marley) at the front desk went ahead and  checked us into our room, gave us our key wrist band and said she would call us when the room was ready. So we were able to go immediately and begin enjoying the resort. We explored much of the resort. I took photos and we went to Le Bouchon for our first taste of food. It did not disappoint. Everything I had was very good. Even the pizza there was better than some of the pizza restaurants I have been to. Later that evening, we had a reception and dinner at The Marketplace Restaurant. They had white chocolate bread that I couldn't stop eating. As a matter of fact, I plan to purchase a loaf or two to bring back with me. Yes, it is that good. So when you go to the resort, make sure you get some at the restaurant. You won't regret it. We met an awesome mother and daughter at dinner and connected right away.
The mother, 81 years young, adopted us on the spot! So we gained a mother and a sister over dinner. We laughed, talked, shared and stayed way longer in the restaurant than we should have. But we took the hint when they started cleaning the tables. The night was beautifully calm and peaceful. We sat outside with our new "family", hugged each other and departed to our rooms for the night. Being at a beautiful resort and making lifetime connections is priceless. I plan to do this much more often. Now I am off to bed. Tomorrow will be another adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment