Translate

Saturday, August 22, 2026

The End Part 4 of 4

As people have come in and out over the past several days, I can see the impact he has made on lives. I can feel the love and respect others had for him and for us. It has been beautifully overwhelming to watch as others spoke of love, encouragement and manhood. They spoke of fun times and laughs and memories that will continue to last as long as we have breath. Although I feel the emptiness he leaves me with, I know that when I see him again, we will not be worried with all of the sickness, pain, and hurt that we feel now. We will be in a beautiful new world that Jehovah God has promised us. We will he happy again. We will have eternity to hold hands and laugh and love.
Well, today is Saturday. Sunday is tomorrow. It will be the day that we remove the ventilator that is helping to keep him alive. As I sit and pray, I know I will be extremely sad and hollow. But I will also be happy knowing that his wishes were honored and when I see him again, he will be completely healed.
Saturday night. The night nurse saw me sitting by his bed holding his hand. She suggested she move the IV machine to the other side so I could put the reclining chair beside his bed. One last night sleeping beside my husband before we remove the ventilator. Some nurses have such compassion. And I am grateful. Today is Sunday. I spent the night beside him talking to him and holding his hand. This morning I played some kingdom melodies he would know. Just sitting waiting for everyone to get here.
Everyone came. Ventilator out at about 1:07pm. He is breathing on his on but there is no chance of recovery or him waking up according to his MRI and the report we received on Friday.
My baby kept breathing for 3 days, two hours and 2 minutes. He fell asleep in death on Wednesday, April 22, 2026 at 3:09pm. 
People ask how I am doing and I say that I cannot name it. How do you name a new feeling of utter devastation and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment