Translate

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Adventures in Tampa, Florida

On October 14, 2014, We (me and my husband Vaughn) were able to travel to Tampa, Florida to see my brother Hampton Allen. He is the applause director with Encore Digital Studios. Any type of media production you need, he will take care of you and you will be impressed with his insight and creativity. 
We were there to work and network. However, on Wednesday, we were able to see some of the sites in Tampa. We went by the facility where they race Greyhound dogs. We also went shopping at a place called Magic Mall. It is actually a large building with various vendors who sell items at discounted pricing. I chanced it and bought a pack of 6 bras for $10. I must say, I was not disappointed. They actually proved to be some of the most comfortable bras I have ever worn. I also purchased 3 belts for $5. I haven't used them yet but as long as they hold up my pants, I am sure they will be fine. I should also mention they had Fedora type hats for $3 each. There was just too much to see. But they had a little of everything there.
Other sites we passed included golf courses, an outside laundromat and Total Wine Stores. The outside laundromat was funny to me. It was like washers and dryers with a shelter over them. If I go back by, I will make sure I take a photo. That was a first for me. Another first was the Total Wine Store I visited, This store was as large as a regular retail shopping store in North Carolina. This store has a price book with all the pricing of items in the store. The book is only 104 pages!! I have never seen such a large store with beer, wine and liquor! They also have snacks, stemware and non-alcoholic beverages. Fourteen isles and I think I walked each one of them in awe. I told my brother it should be a warehouse and not a store! So, my day of sightseeing was interesting , to put it mildly. 
I am looking forward to the rest of the week. The Clearwater Jazz Holiday starts tomorrow at Coachman Park in Clearwater Beach, Florida. I am looking forward to attending since it will be my first time at the event. It is a 4 day event of live music and Jazz! This is the 35th year of the event. This is a world-class gathering of some of the greatest talents and will include  Earth, Wind and Fire, Spyro Gyra, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Dr. John & The Nite Trippers, Boogie on the Bay, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue. I will be blogging about my experience while at the festival. I will also be planning a group trip here next year for jazz lovers. So make sure you join our mailing list so we can inform you of upcoming trips we will be planning.
For all your cruise and vacation packages, call McMillian Travel at 704-994-8747 ext 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment