Translate

Friday, October 24, 2014

Clearwater Beach Day 1

Picture

On October 16, Iwas in Clearwater Beach, Florida for the Clearwater Jazz Holiday. It is always the third weekend in October (so you can put it on your calendar).
First, we came to our hotel, Quality Hotel on the Beach. The general manager, 'Manny" (Emmanuel Oliver), greeted us in the lobby (how is that for customer service?). Although check-in is at 3pm, it was noon and we were able to check-in right then. I was hoping they would mess up my reservation and give me an ocean view room...but they didn't. We had a city view but we could look to the right on our balcony and see the ocean.

Picture

Ihop is located on site. We went there to eat after unpacking. Our waiter, Michael, was kind and very friendly. I had the bacon and white cheddar melt (an omelette with bacon and fresh spinach topped with shredded cheddar, white cheddar and fire-roasted tomato spread on grilled artisan sourdough bread) and fresh fruit. I was glad I only ordered half of a sandwich because it filled me up. My husband had the Colorado omelette with chocolate chip pancakes. We were both pleased with the meal and the service.
Now on to Coachman Park for day one of the Jazz Holiday. We were in the VIP section right in front of the stage. I chose seats on the fourth row (my mistake). We were close enough to see and take photos. Tomorrow I will try to get on the front row. (It is hard to take photos when others and standing up in front of you. Gates opened at 4pm and entertainment started at 4:30pm. 
For details on the entertainment on the first day, my next blog will cover that.
Get ready for the 2015 Clearwater Jazz Holiday, call us to reserve your space now!

No comments:

Post a Comment