Translate

Monday, October 27, 2014

Clearwater Jazz Holiday Entertainment Day 1

The Buster Cooper Quartet started things off right! The trombone player, Mr. Cooper, is from the St. Petersburg, Fl area and has done music for Murder She Wrote (one of my favorite old TV shows) and played with Jazz greats like Josephine Baker, Jackie Wilson, Miles Davis, Lionel Hampton and Ella Fitzgerald, just to name a few. I really enjoyed their music and will be looking for their CD's online.
The group Changing Keys was the second act act to perform. They were awesome too! They played many great hits but my favorites were when they did tributes to George Duke, Herbie Hancock and others who have died. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, a surprise guest, jazz pianist Chick Corea, came on the stage. I now know, up close, why he is one of the great jazz musicians.
We were all entertained by the talented Shawn Brown who played the keyboards in a unique and awesome way. While listening to Mr. Brown in amazement, I told my husband that I couldn't think that fast, much less play the keyboard that fast. Listening to him was a great experience that I will not forget.
Next blog: Earth, Wind and Fire.
Don't read about it. Be there. 2015 Clearwater Jazz Holiday. Does it matter who is there? You already know it's going to be great! Call our office to reserve your rooms now!

No comments:

Post a Comment