Translate

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Florida Vacation Day 2

Today we are going to Dinosaur World located at 5145 Harvey Tew Road, Plant City, FL. The grands are excited about going and I must admit I am too. I pass this attraction every time I go from Orlando to my bother's house in Tampa. 
The attraction was amazing! They have over 150 dinosaurs on display. And they have information on each one. I think I took photos of all of them..lol. Zaylen and Zahria did a fossil dig and got to keep three of their finds. It was fun watching them sift in the sand to find fossils. After exploring the complex, we had lunch there on site. They have so many places to sit and enjoy you meal. There are lunch tables everywhere throughout the exhibits. There are no places to purchase food there so make sure you pack your lunch and enjoy it together while there. Upon arrival and when departing, you have to go through a gift ship. So you are almost certain to take a souvenir home from your adventure. After lunch, we visited the on-site museum. There were bones from different animals found in Florida on display. There were no dinosaur bones found in Florida because, according to the information, when dinos roamed the earth, Florida was under water! The museum had 4-5 animated dinosaurs with sound. Zahria was a little fearful but we assured her they were not going to harm her. After grabbing a few souvenirs, we were on our way to Tampa (20 minutes away) to see my brother Hampton. 


















So, we get to Tampa and my brother is not at home. But no worries. He told me he had a business meeting earlier and traffic in Tampa is nothing like I have ever seen! My bother is a professional photographer with Encore Productions so he stays busy! He had a shoot that evening. But, we spent the night so we could hang out the next day. What did we do? Check out the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment