Translate

Monday, December 19, 2016

Lesson Learned Dec 19, 2016



Last night in bed, I leaned over to kiss hubby good night. I am recovering from a rollover car accident so my face is swollen and I have what I call "panda eyes" (dark pouches under my eyes). I said, 'I hate to kiss you with my face looking so ugly." He said, "Who told you that?" I replied, "I told myself that." He said, "Well, you lied. You are beautiful." I chuckled and remarked, "But I have two black eyes!" He said, without missing a beat, "You have always had two black eyes." I thought about giving him a matching set....until i thought about what he said. In that moment I realized that although my accident had temporarily changed my appearance, my husband still saw me as who I am permanently. He never stopped calling me gorgeous, which he does daily. He also would feel some type of way if he didn't get his hug and kiss when he came home. Then he would lovingly tease me until he got them. He is such a joker! But I digress.... When I thought about our conversation, I realized there were lessons to be learned:

Beauty really is in the eyes of the beholder. So, when someone honestly tells you that you are beautiful, believe them!

True love forgives mistakes.

Temporary situations are not permanent.

Who you are on the inside is ultimately better than your outside appearance.

The truth, though blaringly obvious, is sometimes overlooked.

In the end, love will always win.

I am so thankful to have such a thought-provoking husband who reminds me of his love in big and small ways. It has always been my goal to show him daily how much that means to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment