Translate

Sunday, October 16, 2022

Clearwater Jazz Holiday Day 1

It never fails. Every year I get a treat at Clearwater Jazz Holiday. I am always introduced to a group that I enjoy and support. Of course, this year was no different. The three day event that happens every second weekend in October, was October 14-16, 2022 at BayCare Ballpark in Clearwater, Florida. I knew I was going to love the shows and this year did not disappoint! First up on Friday was a husband and wife group called The War and Treaty. I had never heard of them but I have now! I am a fan and supported. Their harmony was refreshing and you could see the love and joy between them when they sang. It was delightful to watch!! If you don't know the group, check them out! Their music is really good and they put on a great show.
The second act on Friday was an old school group, AWB, better known as Average White band. They have been together for 50 years so I think that makes them more than Average at this point! Of course they took us down memory lane with School Boy Crush, Cut the Cake and Pick Up the Pieces! It was just fun to watch them take us back and they did a very good job with that. This was my first time seeing them on stage, so it will be a cherished memory for years to come.

The last act on Friday tore my nerves up, literally 🙃!  Trombone Shorty & Orleans Avenue came with the New Orleans sound that kept us on our feet from start to finish. I had seen then perform a few years ago at Clearwater Jazz Holiday so I thought I was prepared for their high energy show. However, I did not know Trombone had a secret weapon with him this time. He has BK Jackson performing with him. BK is from Tampa and so he had to show out and represent! And he made sure we knew his mother was in the audience which was a sweet touch! I was not ready for BK! What he does with a saxophone 🎷 blew my mind! His sheer talent along with Trombone Shorty was breathtaking. I can't describe it. You would have to be there. It was beyond words. There should be a law against so much talent on the stage at one time. After the show, I felt like I needed some oxygen. It was that intense. The crowd loved it and I did to. If you ever get the chance to see either of them perform, don't think twice. Just go! You will not be disappointed. Just wear comfortable shoes because you will be dancing the entire time!

The first day was one for the books of greatness. Can't wait for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment