Translate

Thursday, October 20, 2022

Clearwater Jazz Holiday Day 2

It took me till today to get over yesterday's performances. Now it continues. Day 2 starts off with a 15 year old protégé, Justin-Lee Schultz. It is a family group from South Africa. The father plays guitars along with a family friend (age 21). Justin plays keyboards and guitar and his sister (age 19) plays drums. Seeing this group and their talent blew me away. I also learned they will be in Cancun at a music festival in a few weeks. So he has already made a name for himself in the music world. They did some old school favorites of Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder as well as some original songs. Enjoyed their performance and look forward to seeing great things from them in the future.


Next up was a New Orleans group called Dumpstaphunk. They had a trombone player and trumpet player, 2 guys who knew how to hit notes that had us in awe. Then there were the guitars, the keyboard player and drummer that wowed us with their talent. They understood the assignment! That band brought it with them and left it with us! I had not heard of them before the lineup but believe me, when they play anywhere close to me, I am there!

Last but not least, Charlie Wilson was in the house. This was a treat for me because I had not seen him before in concert.  He said he had knee surgery and back surgery but the show had to go on! He had to sit a couple of times for a few minutes but I did not care! He brought it and the show was awesome! No one was disappointed. We were on our feet most of the show. The band and dancers were on point. It was such a great show. After the show, there were fireworks, which was fitting for the end of the show.


So day two is in the books. And what a wonderful day it was. If you have seen enough photos and want to go next year, call BMac Travel, 704-294-9150. We can get you a package on tickets and accommodations and airfare if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment