Translate

Friday, October 21, 2022

Clearwater Jazz Holiday Day 3

Day 3 was certainly fill of it's own surprises. I had not heard of any of the bands on todays line-up. The day started off with The Champ Jaxon Band. Champ is 12 years old! And I was impressed with how well he played the guitar. His father also plays the guitar. I was impressed with his talent and enjoyed seeing he and his band perform. You can tell he has a genuine talent and love for music and I believe that will take him far in his career.

 Next up was St Paul & The Broken Bones. The lead singer had lots of energy and the band really showed their stuff on stage. All of the band knew their stuff but it's just something about the horn section that makes you want to scream for more!



Old Crow Medicine Show had me laughing in my seat and clapping and singing. According to their website: Old Crow Medicine Show is an Americana string band based in Nashville, Tennessee, that has been recording since 1998. They are a lively group that plays a mix of bluegrass and country.They are a delight to watch! They really have fun on stage and the energy level is thru the roof! I did enjoy their show. It is refreshing to see artists who love what they do and enjoy doing it.

Last up was Gov't Mule. Gov't Mule is an American Southern rock jam band, formed in 1994 as a side project of the Allman Brothers Band by guitarist Warren Haynes and bassist Allen Woody. While the crowd really seems to go wild, I sat there and tried to enjoy the music from my front row seat. However, there were others who felt they needed to see him more than I did so it was hard trying to look thru others to see the performance. I did get a few photos with my phone and was able to record a few minutes of footage before I gave up and left the front row seat I had been in all day. I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of a potential misunderstanding with people whose parents were not glass makers (so they were not glass and I could not see thru them). So, I went to the back of the ballfield and watched on the jumbotron. It was a much better view with less hassle. And also ensured I would not catch any charges or get any jail time (that's a story for another day). 

So again, another Clearwater Jazz Holiday has come to an end. We usually do not stay for the Sunday acts but this time we did. And I am glad I was able to expand my musical horizon with groups I did not know anything about. When you come, that is part of the experience, hearing something you haven't heard before. And thru it all, you may just find a group that becomes one of your new favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment