Translate

Monday, November 28, 2022

Day 3 Nassau, Bahamas

Today was our first stop in Nassau. Others started getting off the ship early, like 7:15am, we got up, had a leisurely breakfast and then went off the ship. I went to several stores looking for an after dinner drink called Nassau Royale. To my extreme disappointment, it was no longer being made. So, we walked around, I bought a hat and we ended up back at the boat. We were also twinning today so we had some nice conversations, both off and on the ship.
It was funny because we received compliments on the island too. One lady yelled a compliment out of the window from her car! We had a great time exploring and trying, in vain, to find some Nassau Royale liquor. We found out it is no longer made and I was disappointed because that was my main reasons for coming to Nassau. 
We have been so many times, this time we did not purchase much. I did get a hat because I left mine on the ship. We just had fun looking and talking with some of the locals.
We went back to the ship and had lunch at the marketplace.
After lunch we went back to the room for a needed break. Before long it was time for dinner. We went back to the Palm Restaurant. We had to make a reservation as we do every night we want to eat there. This was a new concept for me because we never had to do that before this sailing. But a lot of pre-COVID things are different post-COVID. 
The food was cooked just right and Vaughn enjoyed a steak while I had baked tilapia that was very good. 
It was cooked just right! And the veggies with it were very tasty too. I had a salad first, then the fish and then desserts, strawberry cheesecake and assorted fruit. I did not think I would finish it all but I did. 
Hubby said his steak was good. For his appetizer, he had escargot and the chocolate melting cake for dessert.
We went to see the show "Lovin' Vegas." It was high-flying acrobatics with singing and dancing. It was a high-energy show and the talent was awesome. 
We later ended our night on the balcony drinking hot chocolate/coffee.
Tomorrow is a sea day for us to explore the ship and participate in some of the on-board activities. 
Are you ready for your next vacation? It can be land or sea! Just go! Call me to assist with the arrangements! My number is 704-294-9150. Let's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment