Translate

Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Saturday, February, 18, 2023 Amtrak Ride from FLL to HAM

I was not going to blog today because it is a day for riding the train. However, this ride is very different from our ride down. Today, before we could even get on Amtrak, we were met with negativity and what seemed to be hostility. Because we were going to Hamlet, NC, which is an unmanned station, we could not check out luggage and have them store it. So that was a no. Then, the mean lady named Linda said we would have to store our bags in our room. My husband had a sea bag, a book bag, a smaller piece of luggage and a camera bag. I had a 29 inch suitcase and a book bag. So in a room that would hold 2 bunk beds, she expected us to keep all of our luggage there. When we took our luggage to our room, it fit, but then we didn’t. So, she came back and said this was our lucky day, she had a roomette where we could store our luggage. I tried my best not to get upset with her. I thought, no this is not our lucky day, you are just doing your job and finding a place to store our luggage. Now, if we had purchased a regular seat, we would have put our luggage in the back of the car. But because we have upgraded accommodations, we don’t have a place for our luggage? How crazy does that sound to you? Needless to say, hubby and I are contemplating our next journey with Amtrak and if we even want to be bothered with such rudeness. We will let you know what we decide. But today, Amtrak has put a bad taste in our mouths! We are first contacting them by email and their response will determine our next transaction with them. PS. I said I would update you about what happened. Well, today, 3/22/23, I received a call from one of the managers in the company. They were calling to have a conversation with me and to let me know my voice was heard! I appreciated that. They also assured me that my husband and I would not have to go thru that again. I really did appreciate the excellent customer service on that call. I did mention we will be on Amtrak again next month and hoped our trip would be a good one. He assured me that it would. He also mentioned they have a chief on board now to prepare the meals and we would really enjoy that. So I am looking forward to riding on Amtrak and will let you know how it goes this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment