Translate

Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Sunday February 12, 2023 Celebrity Apex Cruise

Today was our first day at sea. So, we got to sleep in late and then got breakfast at the Oceanview Cafe for a nice breakfast. I was able to collect three lockets for my charm today. so that was great! I listened to live music with a band called The C-Notes from St. Lucia. They played different genres, from the 50’s and 60’s to soul, Motown, disco and Caribbean music. We also took in a history lesson about Puerto Rico, our first stop tomorrow. We learned about the people, how they got there, and their history right down to our times. While he was peaking, the speaker said we were going to go over the Puerto Rico Trench, the deepest point of this ocean, with water depths of over 8400 meters or miles just before reaching port. Today is Super Bowl Sunday and the event was held in The Theatre. Of course, the screen was huge and they also had party food, hot dogs, chicken wings and more. Several desserts were also available. So I am sure those who attended had a great time. I did go for a few minutes to take photos of the screen and catch a few minutes of the game. Going to dinner was my treat for the day. We had reservations for speciality dining at Le Grand Bistro. We had an animated experience called Le Petit Chef. Images were projected to our plated with narration by Le Petit Chef. He showed us, in animation, how the meal was made. Afterwards, the actual meal came to the table. It was a 4 course meal and each course was animated. It was a nice experience although the menu was choosing between two items for each course. For my main course, I had pan-seared Mediterranean Branzino with asparagus and mashed potatoes. It was my first time trying the fish and it was extremely good. While wandering after dinner, I found the silent disco. There were headphones and everyone got a pair. There were three different channels to choose from. So you listened and danced to whatever type of music you liked. And of course, you could change your channel at any time. It was fun watching people on the dance floor grooving to their own beats! I even joined in for a few minutes. Because of the time zone change, we will move our clocks ahead one hour tonight so I had better sleep fast to make up for the lost hour. Tomorrow, Puerto Rico, our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment