Translate

Thursday, March 16, 2023

Tuesday, February 14, 2023 Celebrity Apex Cruise

Today was our day to visit Tortola which is in the British Virgin Islands. You can see several of the other islands, British and US, from there. Our tour was called Town and Country Open-Air Bus. Let me just say, if you are afraid of heights or narrow roads, do not take this tour! Our driver took us all around the island while other drivers were doing the same. And that doesn’t count the locals who were driving too! One think that threw me off is that they drive on the left side of the road. Here in the US, we drive on the right side. The rules we learned in drivers ed seemed moot as I had a firm grip on the bar to my right. To say I was frightened would be an understatement. Don’t get me wrong, the driver, Donald, was excellent. He maneuvered those curves and winding roads like a pro. When he said at the beginning, “Whatever happens, don’t panic!”, I knew I was in for an adventure. When we stopped, we saw some of the most breathtaking, beautiful views of the islands. But getting there had my nerves so tore up, I could not truly enjoy the view. Well, just a little. I just wish it were another way to see the island besides using those roads. With all that being said, it is a beautiful island with beautiful people. Everyone I came in contact with was friendly and had a pleasant smile. If you have the opportunity to visit, by all means, do so. And if you are adventurous, take the tour. It will leave you speechless, either by its beauty or by the hills and valleys you have to navigate. Dinner at Tuscan Restaurant. I had the Eggplant Caponata Bruschetta and the Grilled Cobia. Hubby had French Onion Soup and Pappardelle Alla Veneziana.

No comments:

Post a Comment