Translate

Monday, December 8, 2014

MSC Divina: Opera At Sea



Even though the ship is the most beautiful one I have sailed on thus far, I must say there are not a lot of activities that interest me. Don't get me wrong, there are activities from morning till late evening. And there are some interesting activities, but not things that I particularly am interested in. To be fair, there is at least one dance class every day. If my feet didn't ache I would definitely participate in that. Some of the dance classes were: line dancing, cha cha cha, Jivebachata, rock and roll and salsa. They also had Italian lessons (it is an Italian based ship), table soccer tournaments, scattegories challenge, adult basketball tournament, fashion shows, jenga challenges, napkin folding demonstrations, bingo and more. So there are things to do while on the ship.  There is not much to watch on TV, especially in English. Some of the TV shows were in English but had a different language for the voice-over. So, if you are not good at reading lips or know a language other than English, bring your own DVD's and player or have some movies on your laptop or tablet for when you are in the room. If you are looking to relax, sleep, eat and see some interesting places, this cruise might just be what you are looking for. We have certainly had enough time to relax while on the ship.  
Tonight in the Pantheon Theatre, I enjoyed an opera. Yes, an opera! (Well, don't knock it until you have tried it!) The name of the opera is Love Me (as Much as I Love You). T have always had a fascination with opera singers. They have such rich and amazing voices. I admire anyone who can sing like they do. This is the first time I have seen an opera performed on a ship. It is only my second opera attendance. The first one was Phantom of the Opera when I was in Las Vegas. Although Love Me was in Italian, I appreciated it because the actions of the ballet dancers and the singers allowed you to understand the story without knowing the language. If you have yet to experience an opera, I highly recommend you attend one just to see what it is like. Who knows, you might just enjoy it! 







Photos taken with Samsung Note 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment