Translate

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

MSC Divina Port of Call: Cristobal, Panama

We did our own walking tour of Panama. The town where we were was poor. But the people were friendly and the shopping was good. I really need to brush up on my Spanish before my next visit because some people mix the two when speaking to you. They start talking in English and end up talking in Spanish. so, it is easy to get lost in the conversation. Also, some things are hard to translate into Spanish from English. So, knowing common phrases is very helpful. Even if only, hello, how are you, thank you and good bye. That is a start. It might be helpful to know phrases like "Where is the bathroom" Or "How much (does this cost) in US dollars?" Once I found out the exchange rate,  I was able to use my calculator to make sure I was paying the correct amount according to the prices on the merchandise. Panama is a great place to shop. Just make sure you ask if you can get change back in American money.

















No comments:

Post a Comment